- Are you an indigenous entrepreneur or aspiring entrepreneur residing in Southern Taiwan?
- Do you have upcoming plans to launch a business of your own?
- Are you looking for ways to transform your family business for the future?
- Are you interested in learning about free or low-cost digital tools that can help boost your small business or launch a new one?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, TechCamp may be for you!
What is TechCamp?
TechCamp Kaohsiung is a multi-stage program aimed at empowering indigenous entrepreneurs and future entrepreneurs in the south. The program consists of (1) a three-day workshop focused on how best to utilize free or low-cost digital tools in your business, (2) a small grants competition and (3) an AIT/K organized networking event and entrance into the U.S. government’s global exchange alumni network.
What Will I Gain from TechCamp?
- Hands-on, small group training and mentoring from international and local experts at a three-day all-expenses paid workshop in Kaohsiung. During the workshop, you will be introduced to new digital tools and strategies that can enhance your existing business or help you launch a new business, including how to effectively market your product or service online, interact virtually with customers, and run your back-end operations.
- The opportunity to compete for funding to upgrade your existing business or help launch a new business through the TechCamp Small Grants Program.
- Follow-on networking events and entrance into the U.S. government’s global exchange alumni network, which will open up new opportunities for professional development and networking.
Who is Eligible?
Indigenous entrepreneurs and indigenous students (graduate students and college seniors) residing in Southern Taiwan. We are looking for current entrepreneurs, including those working in small-scale family run businesses, as well those who have plans to launch a business in the near future. Female and young entrepreneurs are especially welcome to apply.
When and Where will TechCamp Take Place?
March 17-19, 2022 at National Sun Yat-sen University. Transportation to and from TechCamp, lodging, and meals will be provided. English skills and tech skills are not required.
Where Can I Go for More Information?
Send questions or requests for more information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TechCamp Kaohsiung is a partnership between the American Institute in Taiwan Kaohsiung Branch Office, the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs TechCamp Team, National Sun Yat-sen University (NSYSU) and MZone. Since 2010, the State Department has conducted more than 40 TechCamp workshops globally, training more than 2,100 participants from more than 110 countries.